cutest blog background

September 10, 2014

What's Your Super Power?

Have you seen those t-shirts that are out there that say..."I'm a ________, what's your super power"? Well, I want one that says "I'm a Preacher's Wife. What's Your Super Power?"

What does it mean to be a preacher's wife? In no particular order, it means you are the master multi-tasker, emotion hider (put a smile on despite the circumstances), prayer warrior, counselor, husband/pastor encourager, role model, teacher of children, teacher of women, criticism taker, event organizer & coordinator, peacemaker, sermon & letter proof reader, and still keeper of the home and all that goes with it.

I'm sure I have forgotten a few hundred things but I think you get the picture that a lot of responsibility comes with the title. I have had a five month break from the role but am beginning again to take on that responsibility. I love the role but am not ignorant to what comes with it. I have over 10 years practice. I hope I am improving as the years go by.

We are headed back to Cleveland, Oklahoma and Grace Baptist Church (Bob's first pastorate). We have spiritually and geographically come full circle. We left Missouri in Feb. 2003 to begin life in the ministry in Oklahoma, after 3 years we moved to Heber Springs, Arkansas for Bob to become the associate pastor and learn and gain experience without going to Bible college, after 1 1/2 years we were sent out of that church to start Rock Solid Baptist Church in Cuba, Missouri. After 7 years the church closed and we are now headed back to Cleveland. So, spiritually and on the map we made a circle.

Bob and I are excited about this opportunity that God has provided. I pray that we be found worthy of the work God has placed us over. It is hard to leave family and friends in our home state but serving the Lord is the only way we know. God has paved the way there and has provided a job and income after we tried to do it our own way and stay where we wanted. Truth is, I was the hold up on moving back there quite some time ago, but that is another story for another post.

Welp, I have explained my Super Power (from God mind you), what is yours? I DO plan to have a t-shirt made!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I am so happy for you and your husband. It's so exciting how the Lord moves in ways unexpected. And I love your description of a pastor's wife. Sums it up quite nicely. ;) I hope and pray that you are able to make the move and transition smoothly and speedily (for the sake of your sanity) lol. Praying for you sweet friend. I know God is going to use you both greatly there in OK. The church there is blessed to have you.