cutest blog background

October 29, 2014

Happy Birthday to Me!!

Today I turned 48. I have been thinking lately about all the things I have done and been through in my life. (Quite alot for someone my age I think) In one month I will be married for 28 years and I raised a son and daughter to live for the Lord. I have my first grandchild on the way in March 2015...a girl, Addelyn Jane! Can't wait to meet her!

I have been in full time ministry with my husband since February 2003. I was a pastor's wife for 3 years, an associate pastor's wife for 1 1/2 years, and then a church planter's wife for 7 years (All the same husband!!! LOL) and now am a pastor's wife once again at my husband's first pastorate. (as stated in a previous post)

I lost my mom to cancer in 2011 after a long battle and my dad died when I was 12 years old from a massive coronary heart attack. My mom was re-married when I was 17 to my stepdad who has been my father longer than my dad was my father.

I was in a car/train collision when I was a senior in high school (see previous post for more details if interested) and this changed my life forever in many many ways.

I love teaching women and kids at church and planning church events. I like poetry, reading my Bible and listening to good preaching and debating about anything I am passionate about (ex. politics, Bible, creation, global warming, rights and the USA, etc.) I can nearly quote the first five seasons of the Andy Griffith show, and also enjoy The Waltons, Little House on the Prairie, The Cosby Show and The Facts of Life show. I love aprons and collecting them and enjoycreating things in the kitchen. I like working side by side with my husband on nearly anything!

Followers of this blog (which I know are few) have seen many of my seasons of change. I just wanted to get another post in for October and give a quick low-down on me for those who do not know it already. Thanks for stopping by my corner of the world.

Happy Birthday to me! I just heard my niece Amelia sing to me. She is sooo cute! I miss her bunches!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I hope you have had a wonderful day! You sure deserve it! Happy Birthday!!!

Tori Leslie said...

Wow, happy birthday girl! I loved reading this post and getting to know just a little more about you, you have had a full and interesting life for sure . Brw, I love Andy and the gang in Mayberry!!
Sretan Rođendan prijateljice!!