cutest blog background

January 14, 2016

Health Update Post

I haven't posted about my health journey for awhile. To start with, I went 43 days gluten free. (I promised my FDN practitioner I would go at least a month) Then from Jan 1- 4 I went back on gluten to see what would happen. I must say that I fully enjoyed eating some things that I had given up ---especially eating at restaurants. It made choices easier. I didn't have a bunch of symptoms return but I did have gas issues like before, so who knows if other symptoms wouldn't have returned. 

I will say that even though the stomach problems were not there during the gluten free days after each meal, I did have tummy aches off and on due to severe constipation. Apparently, from research I have done, constipation is a big side effect of going gluten free. Taking the "Calm" powder is necessary to keep things moving correctly. (a magnesium powder) 

Something else I forgot to mention in the previous post is dry skin brushing. You use a natural bristle brush to do swipes over all body parts. This removes old dead cells and stimulates new growth. It also stimulates the adrenal glands and the digestive system. It is good to do right before taking a shower. It feels good too. 

I will be doing my testing for parasites and fungus in the next few days. Hoping that is a negative. 

I'm still struggling to get off drinking soda and reduce my sugar intake. I figure I'd nail down the gluten free thing first. I'm supposed to not get stressed while making lifestyle changes.

I will post more things after I do my testing. Give dry skin brushing a try. Feels good and makes you healthier.

No comments: