cutest blog background

April 9, 2016

Just an Update

I only posted once in March and we are already in the second week of April now so I wanted to take some time to blog. It has been very busy since January. We bought a double wide mobile from HUD and are re-habbing it mostly ourselves. It sits on 10 acres with  small pond in the back yard (that also needs cleaned up and the dam needs fixed to  better hold water) We had contractors do the exterior work...new roof, all new windows, and we moved the front door to a new location to make it easier to add a covered front porch (which I love btw!) I so can't wait to sit on the front porch and read my Bible or hold Bob's hand. There have been way more repairs to do than we planned (cuz HUD doesn't exactly tell the truth with their inspections) but it will actually be in better shape and more sturdy than when it was built. I'm so excited to get to the finish work. A week or two away if all goes well. 

I did some over working during all this and caused a pinch nerve between my shoulder blades that is causing alot of pain in my arm, neck and upper back. I'm seeing a natural path chiropractor and it is slowly (very slowly) getting better. I may be facing a surgery if no real improvement after two weeks. It is my right arm and I'm right handed so it's hard to keep completely still and allow it to rest. Surprisingly eating meals is what causes most of the pain. 

When we get moved to the new house I will begin my detox and Candida overgrowth removal. I will post about the new health journey when that happens. It will be very difficult for me because it requires removing sugar from the diet. This will be more difficult for me than removing gluten so I'm sure I will have lots to blog about during the process. 

We went to Texas Easter weekend to celebrate our granddaughter's first birthday. It is so hard to not get to see my grandbabies more often. Three months between visits is hard. I was happy that Addelyn didn't resist and came right to us.

Both my granddaugters are cute and precious in their own ways. They are very different from one another. Addelyn 1 year old, is very self sufficient in playing alone. She's reserved and more quiet than many babies that age. She is very serious and alert and doesn't miss anything. She doesn't like to be held alot because she feels she is missing out on her exploring and doing. She smiles alot and sticks her tongue out alot (even in the womb!) She will sit on your lap but doesn't cuddle alot. She laughs and giggles less than many babies but she smiles alot. 

Lucy almost 8 months, is only reserved when you first come to her. She has to look at you a couple minutes and check you out before she smiles but she smiles quite often. She is much louder than Addelyn and will even get into belly laughing. She giggles alot. She also likes to cuddle and be held. She will lay her head on your shoulder.  She's starting to sit up and getting close to crawling.

Both are very smart and very stubborn. I pray for them daily to be healthy, smart and grow up knowing Jesus and to stay pure until marriage. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post. Those are two good looking grandbabies.

Bob