cutest blog background

April 11, 2014

The Winds of Change

The winds of change is a term often used when someone can sense or feel things are stirring and about to change. Funny thing about winds. Some are soft and gentle and some are strong and cool and yet some are forceful and even twisting like a tornado.

Sometimes when change comes God uses a soft breeze to gently guide and direct you in a particular direction. Just ever so lightly nudging you on. These winds are pleasant and feel good and make you smile and enjoy the ride.

Sometimes He must use stronger winds that are cold and damp and bring sudden gusts that are uncomfortable. Usually this happens because we didn't allow Him to move us with the gentle breeze.
 

Sometimes he sends the tornado to twist our lives into chaos and turmoil and quickly change things up. This also can be due to not allowing yourself to move with the earlier winds but sometimes they just come because it is part of God's plan to mold and shape you and rip you from a particular path and quickly move you where He wants you. He is always at work and no matter which wind He sends, you can trust that it is for your good and for His glory even when you don't understand.

This week I feel like the tornado ripped through and not only will I have to wait for debris to be cleared and for wounds I received during to heal but I must also wait for a clear path to go down on that future gentle breeze which I know God will send again. Praise God nothing comes to stay on this earth. For all things come to pass.

Tonight, the remaining faithful members decided to close Rock Solid Baptist Church that was planted 7 years ago on May 6, 2007. I do not have answers to the questions that many may have about this. I just know that we feel we gave our best and did all we knew to do. There were many good times, much struggle, many lives changed for eternity and many who grew in knowledge of God's Word. However, numbers would not hold and sustain the finances of the church even after downsizing almost 3 years ago to a smaller building. The church simply wouldn't continue to grow as it had the first two years, no matter the effort. It was a very difficult decision for my husband to make. He has prayed, struggled and agonized over it for nearly 2 years but just always decided to keep pressing forward even though seasoned pastors had counseled against it. The state of the finances of the church helped this week to make the decision.

This wind of change was a strong one for sure. It took with it a church, a dream, identities and a sense of belonging that brings a feeling of security. I feel a little lost and unsure of what to do except to read my Bible, pray, find a church that will allow us to heal (been there before) and trust God to give us another opportunity to lead and serve.

This is not the first tornado God has sent my way. There have been many in my life. He has always brought me through. Somehow, He strengthens me, comforts me, holds me up and gives me joy despite the rough times.

I'm sure that I will use this blog as an outlet to sort through my feelings and desires and try to figure out and understand where the path will lead as the debris begins to be cleared. I hope that it will be a help and encouragement to someone else as I bounce ideas and thoughts on here.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Praying for you, my sweet friend.

Unknown said...

Thinking of you as you go thru this change and I know that you'll allow Him to lead you on to your next place in life. Change can be a great thing. The future holds unimaginable things with blessings and growth and more - I'm living proof and you are and will be again too!

Tammy said...

Thanks Tammy and Ceci. My mind drifts to you Cecilia quite often over the past year. I know God has a plan and we want more than anything to be right with Him and to have Him use us again in the future so I'm positive He will. ..If He tarries long in His coming.