cutest blog background

November 22, 2015

Journey to Good Health

I have decided to blog or journal about the journey I'm on to have better health.  These posts may not be interesting for anyone else to read and that's ok if no one reads...not many readers anyhow. I'm blogging about this for my own help and future remembrance. It all begins with assesments of my overall health, symptoms I'm experiencing, and testing with a FDN practioner. FDN is Functional Diagnostic Nutrition that takes a holistic and natural approach to better health rather than the typical medical approach of covering sypmtoms with medicine or removing ailing body parts. They use in depth diagnostic testing to figure out where the root of the problem is and then use lifestyle changes, supplements, and diet changes to naturally heal the body and get it to optimum functioning. 

My first two tests were a urine and saliva test. They check different body chemistry levels. Each level leads them to knowledge about how my body organs are functioning. They are big indicators that point to possible problems or causes of symptoms I am having. Two things that I found out were that I'm not breaking down or processing any proteins correctly and also the biggie is that I'm in adrenal exhaustion. Because of this exhaustion, all my hormone levels are off. 

The first thing I was advised to do was to remove gluten from my diet (just to see if some symptoms improve), change bed times to earlier as often as possible, remove all regular iodized table salt and replace with natural sea salt (even drinking filtered water with a small pinch of sea salt and a small amount of lemon juice in it), and to begin cutting back on sugar intake.

Next week, after I've practiced the above for a few days, we will introduce some new supplements that will help restore some balance. 

I'm proud to say that I have eaten no gluten for the past 2 1/2 days and it hasn't been terribly horrible. The first day I tried no gluten and no sugar at all but by late afternoon, my body sorta spazzed out on me and I ate something sugary and it helped some. (I'm not supposed to throw myself into stress trying to do these things...go slowly if necessary as long as I'm making strides)

I will eventually explain the reasons and whys for some of the advice..(ADVICE not medical prescriptions or diagnosis) Until I do more research on my own to verify some of the things I'm told, I will refrain from saying too much to avoid contraversy (I do enough of that as it is). I'm hoping that in blogging about this journey to health that someone else will learn and move themselves towards better health. I trust what I'm being told and believe in it, but I don't want to involve others until I do further investigating and research. I hope you will follow me on this path as I share details about my personal life and health.

No comments: