cutest blog background

February 16, 2016

Health Journal Update #3

I think this is update # 3. There's not too much to report this time but I don't want to go too long without posting. I have the results of my pathogens and fungus testing. Praise the Lord no pathogens but I did test positive for candida overgrowth. Because of this, I have been diagnosed with sterile gut. This means that I have no good bacteria in the intestines. This can partly be due to having been recently on antibiotics (even though I waited the 14 days after finishing before testing). This diagnosis can also be a contributing factor to my adrenal exhaustion and liver not working properly. Unfortunately, the treatment (natural treatment) is quite costly and also requires 14 days of DRASTIC diet change to kill off the candida. It is a fungus that can be residual to treatments. It will have to be on hold until we get moved because we just found out that we owe alot to the IRS for our taxes and we still have money out of pocket for our home renovation. 

I'm doing pretty well staying mostly gluten free. Since I don't seem to have a severe allergy to it, when necessary, I do eat gluten but I do try to avoid it. When we get moved and I have my full kitchen again and all my kitchen items unboxed, I plan to go completely gluten free. Where I really still struggle is with my sugar intake and my soda addiction. I'm also planning on focusing on this more fully and strictly once we get moved and some of the stress is gone. Soda will be the hardest because there is something about drinking Pepsi that makes me feel closer to my mom. I've been missing her so much this past year. 

I still have not gotten brave enough to do a coffee enema but I will eventually do it. I did take my blood sugar levels for a week and it tested on high end three times. From my research, I'd say it could possibly be due to my liver not functioning up to par. Could be due to taking in too much sugar the day before also.

Well, that's all I have for now. I'll let you know more once we get moved and I get to more fully focus on making the changes needed. 

No comments: