cutest blog background

September 12, 2016

Being Late

Just some thoughts running through my mind since yesterday. For some being late can have different meanings. It can mean "Yay! I'm pregnant!" or "Oh no! I might be pregnant." 

For some, being late is a way of life for them. They are consistently or chronically late whereever they go. I was raised to NOT be late. As a matter of fact my mom was always at least 15 minutes early if not more any where she went. I was taught that it is rude to be late. This "fashionably late" is inconsiderate. Being late sends the message that your time is more important than someone elses. It is self-centered and gives the impression that you matter more than others. 

Many, many doctors offices have a sign up that says if you are more than 15 minutes late you will have to re-schedule. (which I find quite amusing because I have often been kept waiting in the waiting room for more than 45 minutes after my appointment time before being taken back) Most employers will fire someone who is consistently late even if they are otherwise a good worker. Therefore, most employees work hard not to be late. Yet, there are people who are consistently late to church. They seem not to mind that nearly every time they show up, they stroll in 10, 15, or 20 minutes late to either Sunday school or church services. I can not understand this. If you are always late the same amount of time then it is easy to correct....GET UP THAT AMOUNT OF TIME EARLIER!!! These same people claim to love the Lord, yet to me don't seem to care enough to be at church on time. If your spouse was late for a date on a consistent basis, you would question their love of you. Right? You would more than likely become upset with them for being late so often. So, why should we not question your love and loyalty to God if you are late all the time? Just something to consider. 

If you are someone who is chronically late, please consider seriously this post and try to do better. Remember, fashionably late has always been inconsiderate. People are waiting. 

No comments: