cutest blog background

August 26, 2017

The Bible is NOT a Buffet!

We all love to go to buffet restaurants (which I believe more contributes to obesity than alot of fast food because everyone continues to go back so they "get their money's worth") and the reason we love them is because there is a large variety to choose from. You can pick and choose the foods you want and leave the ones you don't. 

Unfortunately, many people use God's Word in the same way. They want to pick and choose what they want to believe and practice. God never intended us to do this. Now, I believe some things were written specifically to certain people or a certain person however, overall, the commands and expectations are a guideline for everyone who wants to be a child of God. 

People tend to cling to verses that they like and explain away or rationalize why they don't have to follow other verses.  This is even common to everyday Christians who attend church at every service. It's wrong! 

I want to be as right with God as I can be on a daily basis. Yes, I often mess up that rightness with my sins but I am quickly repentant and asking forgiveness. I cannot be right with God if I ignore His Word. I can best accomplish staying right by knowing His Word and that comes only through reading, studying and hearing it preached and taught! God has much to say about being obedient and following His commands. Get in the Bible and read for yourself. And, don't pick and choose what to believe. Don't treat it like a buffet!

No comments: