cutest blog background

September 16, 2017

What Accompanies Salvation?

I've been reading in Hebrews lately and read verse 6:9 this morning. But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak. 

Quite a thought provoking verse! The writer is writing to Jewish Christians and he tells them basically that we expect better of you and we expect to see in you all the things that accompany salvation. Hmmm! 


It made me stop and ponder on what comes with salvation. The first thing I was aware of upon my salvation was joy. Joy that my future was secure and I would not have to suffer in hell. Joy over the sights of heaven I'd one day see. With that joy came peace. 


Beyond that, learning what comes with salvation came over time. I was taught about witnessing to others so they could also have salvation. With salvation comes learning to live as righteous a life as possible and to seek forgiveness when I mess up. With salvation comes desiring to study God's Word and understand what He expects of my life. With salvation should also come a desire to fellowship with like minded people in a church where you can be fed on the Bible. 


To whom much is given, much is required. I've always said with great knowledge comes great responsibility. We are given so much in salvation. God requires much in return. 


Salvation is so much more than escaping hell. Read the Bible and you will see! 


Just a thought provoker today.

No comments: