cutest blog background

December 30, 2017

Getting a Glimpse of God

As the new year approaches quickly, and everyone is making their new year's resolutions that most won't keep --at least not for the whole year; may we commit our lives to God more fully. I believe if we could just get a small glimpse of God in our minds eye, we'd make daily changes and maybe even moment by moment changes to live more holy, more Christ-like in the coming year. 

There's a Christian song with a line that says "when I see who He is, I realize what I am and I wonder why a holy God would ever reach down so far..."; and I believe if we would just realize how holy and perfect and just God is, it would knock any pride, arrogance and self promotion in us right into oblivion. The prophet Isaiah tells us in 6:5 - Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.

When we take notice of who God is, we will realize our wretched state. "In us dwelleth no good thing" without the Lord. - Romans 7:18 "There is none righteous, no, not one. -Romans 3:10

In and of ourselves we are nothing. "Our righteousness is as filthy rags" - Isaiah 64:6 But we can stand before God righteous with the imputed righteousness of Jesus Christ. Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord!!! Romans 3:25 - Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God,

Just a reminder to look to God when we compare ourselves to others or begin to think we are something when we are not. In the coming year, get that glimpse of God in your mind and live accordingly. This will take care of many of your New Year's Resolutions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen, amen, amen!!!!!!!!!!

Bob