cutest blog background

January 1, 2018

A Time to Purge

Happy 2018! It's the first day of a new year. There's just something about starting a new year and ending an old one that gets people thinking about changes they'd like to make. They look back over the previous year and think about what they wish was different and what goals they want to accomplish in the coming year. 

This is the day to start purging. Time to let go and purge old habits. A person can purge toxins from their body, purge toxic friends and influences from their lives, purge bad jobs from career experiences, or purge sinful or time consuming habits to clean up the spiritual life. 

Purging toxins and cleaning up my insides is a goal for me this coming year. I have had two cancer scares in the past two years, both coming the past two fall seasons. Thankfully, both scares turned out to be nothing. However, in November I was diagnosed with Hashimotos which is an autoimmune disorder of the thyroid. I am currently at stage 2 of 5 stages. I have done extensive research and I am taking steps to figure out the origin and trigger of the onset of my Hashimotos and also to take steps to put it into remission and heal my body. From my research Hashimotos is usually present in the body and starting its destructive patterns for up to 10 years before any symptoms surface or show up in lab work. 

Today I begin by purging gluten and candida from my system. I am making Bob do this one with me because I think his system could use some cleaning up too. I think that everyone should clean up their guts because the gut is the second brain of the body.

There are things I plan to purge to get my mind healthier also along with my spiritual walk. Those for now will remain private. 

I hope this post will inspire readers to think about what they need to purge from their lives to become healthier in mind, body and spiritual walk. Leave me a comment on what your plans are to purge. 


No comments: