cutest blog background

December 10, 2015

Being Gluten Free

Well, I've been gluten free for 22 days now and while I have to be thoughtful about choices - especially for snacks and eating out is harder because there's no way to know how things are prepared, but it really isn't as hard as most would think. I actually didn't expect to feel any different after going gluten free because I was told in 2008 that "surprisingly I had no problem processing gluten". I can say that I have had much less stomach issues and joint pain over the past couple weeks. For several months before I was complaining about my stomach being upset almost every time I ate no matter what i ate. Bob had been on me about getting checked out but I'm pretty stubborn and until October I didn't have health insurance so I wouldn't. Besides, if at all possible I try to avoid typical medical doctors. They have a place but I just believe there are better options than medicating and removing body parts. So, obviously I DO have an issue with gluten or symptoms would not have disappeared. Do you have upset stomach after eating? Feel bloated or have a gassy stomach afterwards? Have headaches often or joint pain often? If you answered yes to any of these, you may have a problem with gluten also. Just something to think about. 

I can't remember what all I said in my last health post but if I didn't say, one of my first tests showed that my liver isn't working correctly. My next test is going to check for pathogens, infections and fungus after I am on a certain supplement for 2 weeks. I will also be purchasing a glucose monitor to check my blood sugar levels each morning for a week or two. I will be doing a spit test over the weekend to precheck for candida (forms of yeast). I'm ordering a coffee enema kit from Amazon. I'm actually not looking forward to the finger pricking or the enema except that it leads to possible better health. I'd rather give blood all day long than get a shot or prick my finger. A coffee enema is supposed to help detox the gall bladder and liver and give instant energy because of this. So, I am looking forward to that!

I think I posted about the pinch of sea salt and lemon juice in my water being suggested and I totally love it! It's petty much a natural lemony homemade gatorade or powerade. 

Welp, that's all for now. People are welcome to ask questions and I'll do my best to answer.

No comments: