cutest blog background

December 31, 2015

Your Life Leaves a Statement

I was reading in Hebrews 11 this morning and I've read this chapter many many times. The book of Hebrews is one of my favorite books of the Bible because it so explains the work of Christ compared to the Old Testament temple, sacrifice and priesthood. Anyhow, something jumped out at me today in verse 4. - By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

His witness or testimony was that he was righteous! God testified of his gifts...talked about what he did. Then it goes on to say that even after Abel was dead, what he did still speaks! That is awesome! 

It is awesome but a sobering thought. In other words, what we do in this life will still speak long after we are gone --to others. No one is completely forgotten after they die. The things we say and do will say something about us and will have impact on others even when we are gone! Think about it, what is still known to you about a loved one that has passed on? What is still known to you about Adolph Hitler?..about Winston Churchill? about Charles Spurgeon or Billy Sunday or the Wesleys or Jim Elliot? What we do still speaks long long after we are gone! 

So, my question to you is what statement or testimony do you want your life to speak about you after you are gone? I most assuredly want my life to say righteous, to say pleasing to the Lord, to testify of the glory and love of God. I also want it to have mattered that I was ever here! I best can accomplish this by living out the above things I mentioned. 

Just a thought to encourage you to consider your life and your choices!






No comments: