cutest blog background

June 27, 2017

The Beauty of Blood

Bob mentioned the blood Sunday and with what he was saying it made me think of how precious and beautiful blood can be. First of all, it is a pretty color! Red is bright and about as colorful as it gets. Our American flag is beautiful with its three colors and without the red it would just not be the same. 

Secondly, when you think of what blood does in the human body, you realize how special it is. Without blood there is no life! Every part of your body needs blood supply to survive. So many things are carried in the blood for our good. 

Thirdly, when I picture the work Jesus did on the cross and how He shed His blood for my sake, it makes the thought of blood even more beautiful. He took His shed blood and poured it out on the Mercy Seat in Heaven to atone for my sins. This was the end of the sacrificial law because He was the perfect and complete sacrifice. Before Jesus came, the Jews had to sacrifice daily and yearly for the forgiveness of sin as representative of the coming Savior. The Bible tells us that without shedding of blood there is no remission (forgiveness). (Heb. 9:22) 

What can wash away my sin? Nothing but the blood of Jesus
What can make me whole again? Nothing but the blood of Jesus
Oh precious is the flow that makes me white as snow.
No other fount I know, nothing but the blood of Jesus.

When I picture the scene at the cross, I can see that pretty blood flowing down the body of Jesus to the bottom of the cross and it is beautiful. It is a picture of His love for me. With it comes forgiveness and bold access to the throne of grace. No longer must I confess my sins to a priest because I have but one mediator between me and God, the man, Christ Jesus. (1 Tim. 2:5) With this picture in my mind, comes thankfulness, humbleness and a willingness to please Him. In my mind, the blood is as beautiful as a mountain or ocean scene. How about you? Does the blood mean that much to you? Have you given it any thought? Maybe this post will bring a new appreciation. 

No comments: