cutest blog background

January 24, 2018

You Are In Charge

Today I want to talk about our health care. I think too often we are under the impression that we have no say so in what happens with our bodies medically. We believe doctors must know best (and often they are very knowledgeable) but doctors can get tunnel vision, or quite frankly they refuse to listen. They do not listen to what we say is happening or what we are feeling. You should remember that you know your body and what you are feeling and what you are experiencing. It is your right to push for answers! 

I would like to know what happened to the Hippocratic oath? What happened to "First, do no harm"? Often it seems that the cure is worse than what ails you! I understand that sometimes there must be quick initial pain in order to achieve the better good or better health. However, sometimes there are long term, lasting effects trying to fix a current health issue. Sometimes the testing process is severe and almost sadistic and inhumane. 

I want everyone reading this to remember that no one else can tell you what you must do or allow with your own body. Not your spouse, child, friends, relatives or doctor! You do have a right to say no to certain treatments. Do your own research. Be a knowledgeable patient. Most important remember that medicine only goes so far ... and then there's God! Doctors are NOT infallible! My point is that it is YOUR decision. Don't let anyone tell you it isn't. 

With my prior experiences, I have made preset decisions about certain health issues. I almost always prefer natural and homeopathic remedies to pharmaceutical. This is my choice. You have choices, too! Be informed!


No comments: