cutest blog background

May 21, 2018

The Voices From Without

A good while ago I did a post about the voices from within in which I talked about  how we put pressure on ourselves and listen too often to the voices in our own heads. 
Today I want to discuss how we can use the voices coming at us from other people to learn about ourselves and grow as a person. God uses people to teach us, to help reveal flaws in ourselves and cause us to think. 
I've recently had such a thing happen. At first, I was hurt over the comments but realized afterward that I needed to self evaluate because if someone saw me in this manner that I was hearing expressed then I probably needed to make some changes. That's a healthy, adult way of looking at the situation, right?? Yes it is! Sooo, now is the time to implement changes in my life to become a better person. I'm obviously not portraying the person I thought I was. I'm not displaying the Christ-like lady I want to display. I probably need to spend more time "studying to be quiet" as the Bible says. At any rate, this probably sounds like a New Year's Resolution but since it's May, it isn't. It's just a realization about myself that someone has brought to light and I want to change the persona. 
I hope that this will help someone else to see that when others make comments that hurt or even grate on your nerves, it may be time for self evaluation and possible changes. Sometimes what we think we portray to others isn't at all what others are seeing. 

No comments: