cutest blog background

June 12, 2014

Future Sighted


There are many people out there with vision problems. Some people are blind completely, some are near-sighted, some are far-sighted, some have cataracts, and some have just the "over 40" need glasses to read syndrome. (that is me!) No matter if you have 20/20 vision or one of the before mentioned eye problems; you still have a need to be "Future Sighted".

This year at Rock Solid Baptist Church (the one we recently closed) the theme for the year was Philippians 4:13 - "Pressing Toward the Mark". The idea was to not stop moving forward for Christ and to press towards Biblical Christianity. Bob got the opportunity to preach on Wednesday night while our pastor was out of town and he covered this topic. The sermon actually reminded me of our lives right now. While the points he made are very relative and applicable to my life, there was also a much deeper meaning for me. Some people do not understand the life Bob and I have chosen or the call on Bob's life to be a pastor and in full time ministry. Believe it or not, some women do not understand me following Bob wherever God leads him. They question me being willing to move (out of state if need be) or willing to place myself under so much stress or "fish bowl syndrome" that comes with life in the ministry. I reckon that from an outsider looking in or from a point of view of someone who may not be saved or at the very least not living their life pleasing to the Lord, I can sorta understand the questioning. However, for me I want to be used of God. I want to be in the center of His Will and I want when I am gone from this present world for it to have mattered that I was here. I want someday to hear "Well done thou good and faithful servant". No one will probably ever know how much this is a goal of mine. Most of the time I feel I fall short. That is probably a good thing or I may be tempted to get prideful and full of myself and not keep striving to do better. Because of this, I must be "future sighted". I must focus on rewards in heaven and not on treasures on earth. Sometimes life on earth is hard. Sometimes what God asks of us seems impossible or may even bring pain or heart ache but with heaven's view in mind I can know wholeheartedly that God loves me and wants what is good and best for me and this helps me remain future sighted. Don't get me wrong, I struggle some days with the not understanding and questioning but in the end I turn palms up and remember that no matter what happens here on earth....it is well with my soul! And...

 

I hope that this post will help someone to remember to be "Future Sighted" and keep heaven's view and reward in mind. This life is only a vapor ... just here for a short time and in the end only those things done for Christ will matter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen! I'm glad we get to walk this road together. I love you.

Bob