cutest blog background

June 19, 2014

God is ALWAYS on the Throne!

Just some thoughts today about God. So often when tragedies come in this life and in this world people question "where is/was God during this"?

Welp, I'm here today to say that He is on the throne! He never leaves it just because you don't like or understand what is happening.

He was on the throne when he supplies my needs, gives me peace and comfort, and blesses me when I don't deserve it. He is also on the throne when the trials come. He was on the throne when I was 12 years old and told that my dad had a massive coronary and died of hardening of the arteries. Though this changed my life forever and hurt beyond belief, God still had a plan and a reason for it. I may not have liked it and still do not fully understand but I trust God with my life. He was on the throne when my paternal Grandma had a heart attack and then the paramedics revived her after she had already turned blue. She lived several more months after and then past away in her early sixties on the day after her birthday. He was on the throne when both my maternal grandparents died. He was even on the throne when my mom got cancer and fought it for 1 year and 2 months before passing into eternal life.

He is all powerful, all knowing, omnipresent (everywhere all the time), always just, always loving (even in his correction & discipline) and always merciful to me, his child. If I do not believe and hold to this notion, I will become bitter and angry at God and certainly will lack trusting him. I may tend to question every moment of my life, especially when the bad times come. I understand that He is still on the throne know matter what is happening in my life. Everything is ordained by him or allowed by him and it is for my good and/or for his glory. I realized a long time ago that much of what a person goes through in life has sometimes more to do with those around them than actually to do with them.

God doesn't take a vacation from being in control. CEOs and Presidents go on vacation and take breaks from being in charge at the company. God does not leave his throne of power ....EVER! Questioning God's reign of control and wondering if he forgot to use his power or love just because something bad happens is like questioning a parents love, power and authority just because a child falls down and skins their knee while holding the parent's hand. Were the parents still the authority? Did they love the child while they got hurt? Yes! But the parent is there to pick them up, dust them off, tend to the injury and hold them as they cry. God does the same for us.

We should not question where he is but just realize that he is still on the throne and in control.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen! Great post.
Bob