cutest blog background

June 19, 2014

Homemade Ideas

Just wanted to share some homemade ideas and/or remedies...

First of all, I think I have been doing this since February of this year (2014). Coconut Oil makes a wonderful moisturizer for the face and neck!  I read about it in a magazine and decided to try it as soon as my Oil of Olay ran out. I just put a scoop of coconut oil into the washed out container that the old moisturizer was in and it works great! I feel like my face is softer and has less lines than before I started using the coconut oil. The patchy dry and flaky spots went away almost instantly that were happening during the winter and early spring months here in Missouri. (We had such a long cold winter!)

**I love this recipe for homemade deodorant...

3 T. coconut oil
2-3 drops Tea Tree Oil
1/4 c. baking soda
1/4 c. baby powder or cornstarch (I use baby powder)
Few drops of essential oil of choice (I use peppermint and/or lavender)

Melt coconut oil in small sauce pan on low heat. Add rest of ingredients. Mix well until lumps are gone. Pour into small container of choice. Allow to harden at room temperature or in frig. Apply with fingers. In winter it is harder in the jar and takes some rubbing around to get onto fingers to apply to pits but in summer it is almost runny at times but still works the same. If you don't like it runny you can keep in frig or cool place.
(Commercial deodorants put aluminum into your body and that causes many health issues over a period of time) Do some research on your own.

**Using cider vinegar as a rinse makes the hair soft and shiny and brings out natural highlights.

**White vinegar is a great cleaner for nearly anything. You can dust with it, clean mirrors and windows, makes tile, wood or vinyl floors shine, makes marble and chrome shine, and is good to use from a spray bottle after the shower on the shower walls (works like the clean shower stuff only it is all natural) Mix with baking soda and you have a great "comet" type cleaner that bubbles!

**Honey is great for bee stings, allergies, and burns. Also, mix honey and cider vinegar and sip for sore throats.  

**Alkaseltzer (I use Walmart brand) is a wonder cure for UTIs and sometimes yeast infections. (Not the cold med but the plain stuff for stomach pain). I used to get lots of UTIs and haven't had to be on antibiotics for over 4 years! I take one tablet in water at first signs of symptoms and it takes care of it. I have only had to take more than 1 tablet about 3 times in four years! Pretty good statistics if ya ask me!! :)

**Lavender Essential Oil is nearly the best thing to put on burns. Especially if blisters are present. Do not pop blisters but put the oil on and leave alone. If skin gets dry then add more throughout the day. Recently I had opportunity to try this after hot grease from a fry daddy splashed out on my hand and face. I immediately used cool water and then dried and put the essential oil on and kept it on for about three days. I had no pain and no scars! (Essential oils are expensive but worth it to keep around the house and they last forever!)


Hope some of these are a blessing idea for someone. I will only post things like this that I have tested. Seeing and experiencing is believing after all, right?








No comments: